Monday, July 11, 2011

The Lazy Days of Summer . . . where is everyone?



July is such a busy month for me. I'm off driving my niece and teammates to basketball tournaments to exotic locals like Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, and San Diego. Just as I'm off doing the summer thing, so is most of the publishing industry. So what should we do while everyone is off drinking margaritas and soaking up the sun? Write. Revise. Repeat.

I usually don't query during the summer months, but I have sent a few out this summer. Be prepared, if you're querying, to have a longer wait time for responses. I've decided to focus on my new project and ignore the queries that are out on my other project. Checking the inbox can drive a person insane. I'd say kick back, relax, and swing right now. Everything happens in its due time.

So, what big plans do you have this summer? Are you querying during the summer, and if so, have you noticed a lag in response times?

Here's some things happening on my personal blog ...

Win a copy of Miserere by Teresa Frohock today.

Enter Here

Well, that's it until next time.

You can find Brenda on her blog: http://brenleedrake@blogspot.com 
or on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/brendadrake

No comments:

Post a Comment