Friday, March 11, 2011

Evolution of Love For My WIP, AKA The Torture of Being a Writer

Hi Everyone,
I wrote a much different intro to this post last night, but after the Earthquake/Tsunami in Japan it seemed a bit too... cheery. Out thoughts and prayers are with all the families in Japan. I can't even imagine. I will continue with the post as it was originally written, but I thought it was important to acknowledge this tragic event.

We now return to the regularly scheduled blog post...

Since it is Friday we're going to have a little fun, I'm going to take you on a journey of the emotion one can go through when writing a story. *ahem*

Behold, the evolution of love for my WIP



The idea! *ping* 
Hot boy martians come to earth and start killing off all the criminals with their laser cats.



Come here perfect idea! That's it. Be a good boy...


Hmm, so hot boy martians... what would be my character arc for them? Let's name one Flurg, that's sounds martiany. Is that even a word? Ugh. I'm gonna have to look it up. Ooo the enemies could have laser dogs. Would that work? Hells yeah it would. What if I make them hot, british guys. The martians, not the dogs. Yeah, an accent always makes a character better! 
I RULE!



I love you story <3 <3 <3


I can't take any more bloody hot, martian british boys. And the laser cats keep on malfunctioning which is really code for, I don't know $%^@ about lasers! Or martians. Or writing.
Texting is much more fun and-- oh, twitter! Oh, blogs!! Yes!
Crap, I haven't written a thing in days. 


Holy @#$% What am I doing? Why did I think I could write a book. Me? Really? 
Where's the chocolate...


I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.


I'm never going to make it. I just... it's hopeless. 
Martians with laser cats? Who would ever buy that?


I hate this sentence. #FML


I WILL do this. I WANT to be a writer. I WILL be a writer. 
I AM a writer! *fistpump*


YAY! I'm writing again!!!


I love you Martian Laser Cat story <3 <3 <3



Doh, how'd that get in there?


Watch out world. *EARTH BOUND is on the way!


So, yeah. How do YOU write? Is it similar? Anything to add?

Don't forget to stop by Cassandra's post on Wednesday! Are you a reader or a writer? And how does that affect your blog? Good discussion going on over there!

Have a fantabulous weekend everyone!


erica m. chapman is a YA writer by night, workin' for the cause by day. Fan of football, especially Lions and Michigan. She loves alternative music, animals, reading, golf and playing her guitar. She resides in Michigan, AKA the frozen tundra, where she sits quietly typing her next story on her macbook in her Detroit Lions Snuggie. You can also find her at ericachapman.com 

*this is what I named my hypothetical story. For entertainment purposes only and should not be taken seriously in any way. 


15 comments:

  1. I madly jmump into a story, then often stall out at 30K words, thinking it sucks etc. Often, if I leave it for a week or so, work on something else, the problems solve themselves and I can go back and add another 10K words easy as pie. Then..stall...And round and round I go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL. This entry was fabulous! love all the pics :D

    Umm, for me it really varies. my greatest writing spurts are during NaNo, and I'm not sure they count as 'normal' habits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, hilarious. loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roberta, sounds similar to me, the middle gets murky!

    Trisha, to date, Nano is the only time I've written complete novels ;o)

    Ashelynn, Thanks. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica you are my HERO! I'm so right there with ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty much like that. Also with the Foo thrown in randomly. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di! LOL Ah life of the writer ;o) You are my HERO darlin' <3 U

    Janelle ;o) Gotta love the extra Foo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwahahahaha - now you have to do a vlog! I love how you acted the parts out with your pics. Nice Job! As writers, we always doubt the journey we're on, so it's wonderful to be friends with fellow writers who GET us. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Brenda. LOL Oh, a vlog... hmm, someday soon. I promise! Yeah, this one took a while to get. Most of them I had already as you can see from the various shades/cuts of hair! LOL The doubt will always be there, but if we laugh at ourselves, it makes the journey a bit easier, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, so awesome! Great job with the pics--that's exactly how it goes!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Angela ;o) We all know it too well, eh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! This was great. Love it. I especially love the "Yay, I'm writing again!"

    ReplyDelete