How great of an idea is that?! Do go read her post, it's fantastic.
For me, I like to write up blog posts and used the milestones label for easy finding. Blogging also share my sucesses with my friends and readers, so that's great, but on days when I feel like a hack, it's easy to forget that that label is there. It's also easy to forget to blog about something and those happy days get "lost"
So what are some other ways to commemorate milestones? Here are a couple of other ideas:
- Treat yourself to a movie, scrapbook the ticket stub
- Get a honking coffee and write the success on a napkin to scrapbook or frame to hang on your wall
- Buy yourself some flowers and press one of them to scrapbook/frame
- Spend time with friends. Take a photo to frame/scrapbook
- Walk the dog/go to a park. Gather leaves to frame/scrapbook. Build a tree of happy times.
- Shop. Buy a charm for a "celebration bracelet" or something else you collect.
- Keep a notebook of happy thoughts, celebrations, etc. Keep it nearby.
- Tweet about it using a hashtag just for you. #HappyCassandra, anyone? :P
What do YOU do to celebrate success?
C.A. Marshall is a freelance editor, lit agent intern, YA writer, and loves to play with her dog Mollie. She dreams of one day owning a small house near the water, preferably in England, with a shelf full of books she has written and has helped others to write. She is currently single. And unagented. She can be found in Emmett, MI, at camarshall.com for writing, editorcassandra.com for editing, and on twitter @CA_Marshall.