Friday, January 06, 2012

Attention: Awesome Agent Contest Alert!!

Hey Everyone!!

I hope your holiday was wonderful! Mine was nice and relaxing ;o) It didn't even snow here! I know. I can't believe it, either.

Fellow DNA'er and my uber-cool writing buddy, Brenda Drake is having an awesome contest I just had to share with you!!

It's the, CAN YOU HIT A PERFECT PITCH BLOGFEST with fantabulous agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette. I know, right? SHE'S awesome ;o)

Wanna know how to enter? Yes, I do, Erica.

Ha! I knew it. I can read minds*

So...

Here's the deets (stolen from Brenda's lovely blog).

On January 15th post a two sentence pitch (no more than 35 words) along with the first 150 words (if it falls in the middle of a sentence, go to the end of that sentence) of your finished Young Adult or Middle Grade manuscript to your blogs. From January 15th-16th hop around each others' blogs and critique or praise them. Revise your entries, if you want, and post them by 8:00am (EST) January 17th to the official entry post.DO NOT POST THEM TO THIS POST. [on Brenda's blog, of course] If you want, you may skip the blogfest/critique portion of this contest and just enter the contest.  I will have the official post up, along with details on how to format your entries, on January 15th so that you can start posting when you're ready. To participate, sign up on [on Brenda's blog, of course]

The prize is a request to read more from agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette. Ahhh!!


See!! How cool is that? So get on over to Brenda's Blog and enter!!! 


SO... this Saturday, I am going to watch my DETROIT LIONS beat New Orleans!! Well, we hope so... it will be tough *ahem* Drew Brees. As a lifelong Lions fan, just being in the playoffs is pretty amazing! 


Whatcha up to this weekend?


<3 Er

*I can't read minds... I know you're shocked.

erica m. chapman is a YA writer by night, workin' for the cause by day. Fan of football, especially Lions and Michigan. She loves alternative music, Foo Fighters, animals, reading, golf and playing her guitar. She resides in Michigan where she sits quietly typing her next story on her macbook in her Detroit Lions Snuggie. You can also find her at ericachapman.com.

4 comments:

  1. I already have this contest marked. So excited!

    And even though I'm a diehard Packers fan, I can't help but feel a little happy for your Lions. It's been SO LONG for them! I seriously wish you all the best in the game against New Orleans. THAT'S gonna be a toughy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Kelley!! We need all the fans and prayers we can get ;o) Good luck in the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning the contest, Erica! You rock! <3

    ReplyDelete